Below is an excerpt from the Kickstarter page about the project's goals:
The goals for this game are:
- Create a book that's easy to read, understand, play, and reference, like the Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box (a product I wrote and am very proud of).
- Make characters less dependent upon their gear to survive and succeed.
- Elevate martial characters to have parity with spellcasters, but still maintain fun and distinct flavor for each class.
- Reward roleplaying, teamwork, adventuring, and social interaction instead of focusing on damage output in combat.
- Create a longer play experience in the leveling "sweet spot" (the D&D/PFRPG equivalent of level 6 to level 12).
- Allow characters to level more frequently so they don't remain exactly the same for many game sessions.
- Simplify scaling monster encounters against various character levels.
- Allow for pseudo-medieval fantasy without "realism" hindering characters.